Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Footer date format

Office 2007

I have inserted the date in the footer. The date format is 04/14/2010.
I want to change the format to April 14, 2010. Where can I change the
date format in the footer?

Thanks
Rita Brasher
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel uses your Windows Regional Settings short date for this.

Unfortunately there is a limit on the format of that setting.

You cannot use that format in Windows short date.

You must use VBA to add a formatted date to a footer.

Sub DateInFooter()
With ActiveSheet
.PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy")
End With
End Sub

Sub Date_In_AllFooters()
Dim WS As Worksheet
For Each WS In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
WS.PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy")
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP