Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Moving Hyperlinks

Hi,
I am hoping I am not asking a dumb question here! I have a workbook that
has a number of worksheets that all contain external links. I am running
into a problem where if I have to insert data or a new link in a certian
place, my hyperlinks don't seem to want to move with the cell contents.
Maybe if I provided a visual it might help?

Column A Column B Column C
Dog Cat Bird
Dog2 Cat2 Bird2
Dog3 Cat3 Bird3

Each one of the cells is hyperlinked to an external website. If I wanted to
move "Cat2" and "Cat3" down, to make room for "Cat1", the cell contents move,
but my hyperlinks won't move! I have cut and pasted, dragged the cells,
anything to get the hyperlink to move with the cell content, but I can't seem
to get it to move.

I hope I don't look stupid by asking this! The workbook is quite large and
would be very time consuming to re-do the links everytime I needed to insert
data. Thanks so much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 4/13/2010 10:51 AM, Santaree wrote:
[...]

How are you "moving" these cells?
I created a sample worksheet like yours with hyperlinks for Cat2 and
Cat3. I then highlighted Cells B3:B4 and deleted them -- Ctrl-x.
I moved the cursor to Cell B4 without left-clicking and pasted them back
in -- Right-click, Paste.
The hyperlinks moved with the cells.

Bill