Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF

I am guessing that it's an IF

Column H: Sums the total of client
Column A: keeping track of clients that are "no shows"

How can I sum the number of clients in column H but minus the number of
clients that are a no show in column A.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Possibly this:

=SUMIF(A:A,"<"&"no show",H:H)

although I'm not sure if you do want a SUM rather than a COUNT.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 13, 4:03*pm, Nathalie
wrote:
I am guessing that it's an IF

Column H: Sums the total of client
Column A: keeping track of clients that are "no shows"

How can I sum the number of clients in column H but minus the number of
clients that are a no show in column A.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Nathalie

you haven't given us much to go on here.
Maybe
=SUMPRODUCT((--($A$2:$A$1000<"No Show"),$H$":$H$1000)

Change the ranges to suit.
--
Regards
Roger Govier