Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert Rows

Hi,
I have a simple excel sheet which is saved in eencrypted format. I am unable
to insert rows in the same. Whenever I try, it says, 'To prevent possible
loss of data, Excel cannot shift non-blank cells off the document...'. Could
find what the real problem is.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's probably formatted cells that extend beyond the data in your w/sheet.
You may have coloured whole rows/columns.
Figure out the last row of data you're using and delete all of the
formatting and data in rows below. Then try again.
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"sree" wrote:

Hi,
I have a simple excel sheet which is saved in eencrypted format. I am unable
to insert rows in the same. Whenever I try, it says, 'To prevent possible
loss of data, Excel cannot shift non-blank cells off the document...'. Could
find what the real problem is.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check by using CTRL + End and see where Excel takes you.

Could be Excel thinks you have data in the bottom row of the worlsheet so it
won't shify cells down for inserting a row.

If CTRL + End takes you to bottom of sheet, delete unused rows then save the
workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP