Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Security and macros

I have a workbook which, when opened on a laptop without any virus
protection, will not give me the option to Enable this Content. ie that
option is not even given when the security warning appears.

I found that I had to remove the password from the Excel 2007 xlsm file and,
also turn on the firewall in the Security Centre. The file then opened with
macros functioning - ie it did not come up with the security warning.

As the laptop is used only for two purposes, neither of which pose a
security risk, and is not connected to the internet, etc., is there a way to
bypass this imposed security as I do want to password protect the workbook.

Rob