Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default auto fill or if function

Hi, I have a RMA form (sheet1),and I set up a customer dropdown list on
column A on sheet 2; column B and C are corresponding phone number and
address.
I already validated A1(sheet1) with customer list on sheet 2. When I select
any customer from the dropdown list on A1, how will it automatically show its
phone number on A2, address on A3, etc. using the data from sheet 2?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You should use the VLOOKUP() worksheet function. I just wrote a whole
dissertation on it in the response to this inquiry:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...0-55549979cf08

So please forgive me for directing you to it, but fingers are tired. See
Excel Help on VLOOKUP() for more detailed information.