Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I get autodate to stay the date it was saved

I use the formula =TODAY() often. But I want to know what to use when I want
to autodate today then when I go back into the worksheet tomorrow I want it
show yesterday's date not todays. Does that make any sense, lol
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well..., consider the following suggestions in order to avoid the need for
VBA Macros.
1) Press: CTRL+; [CTRL+semicolon] to insert todays Date as TEXT.
2) If the cell already uses has the NOW() or TODAY() function - select that
cell press [F9] and then [Enter].
Micky

"totally lost" wrote:

I use the formula =TODAY() often. But I want to know what to use when I want
to autodate today then when I go back into the worksheet tomorrow I want it
show yesterday's date not todays. Does that make any sense, lol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I have to use the vba macro, I would rather do that. here is the macro
already in use, what would I have to add to this:
Public Sub SaveAsE5()
Dim ThisFile As String
Dim myPath As String

myPath = "S:\louis\refurb log"
If Right(myPath, 1) < "\" Then
myPath = myPath & "\"
End If

ThisFile = ActiveSheet.Range("E5").Value
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=myPath & ThisFile
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=2, Collate:=True

"totally lost" wrote:

I use the formula =TODAY() often. But I want to know what to use when I want
to autodate today then when I go back into the worksheet tomorrow I want it
show yesterday's date not todays. Does that make any sense, lol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe...

Public Sub SaveAsE5()
Dim ThisFile As String
Dim myPath As String

myPath = "S:\louis\refurb log"
If Right(myPath, 1) < "\" Then
myPath = myPath & "\"
End If

with Activesheet.range("A1")
.numberformat = "mmmm dd, yyyy"
.value = date - 1
end with

ThisFile = ActiveSheet.Range("E5").Value
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=myPath & ThisFile
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=2, Collate:=True

End sub

I didn't know what worksheet to use or what cell to use. So I used A1 of the
activesheet.

And I wasn't sure if the code should be done before the save or after the save.
You may want to move it.

--

Dave Peterson