Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel formula

I am trying to set up a spreadsheet to show the costs, after rebates, for a
solar array. They rebate for New York is $1.75 per watt. That would be an
easy formula of: =the number of watts*1.75, or =(C9*1000)*1.75 on my
spreadsheet.

However, they only reimburse a customer up to 5000 watts. what formula can I
use to get excel to properly calculate this cell?

Thanks for any help possible,
Kyle Parenzan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kyle

=MAX(5000,(C9*1000))*1.75
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Kyle P. wrote:
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet to show the costs, after rebates, for a
solar array. They rebate for New York is $1.75 per watt. That would be an
easy formula of: =the number of watts*1.75, or =(C9*1000)*1.75 on my
spreadsheet.

However, they only reimburse a customer up to 5000 watts. what formula can I
use to get excel to properly calculate this cell?

Thanks for any help possible,
Kyle Parenzan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use MIN
=MIN((C9*1000)*1.75 ,5000*1.75))

Once C9*1000 exceeds 5000 W the 5000*1.75 will be the smaller of the two

--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"Kyle P." wrote:

I am trying to set up a spreadsheet to show the costs, after rebates, for a
solar array. They rebate for New York is $1.75 per watt. That would be an
easy formula of: =the number of watts*1.75, or =(C9*1000)*1.75 on my
spreadsheet.

However, they only reimburse a customer up to 5000 watts. what formula can I
use to get excel to properly calculate this cell?

Thanks for any help possible,
Kyle Parenzan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Paul,
I hate when I miss a simple, creative way to problem solve! Really
shoulda seen that, let's call it inexperience. :)

Thanks Again,

Kyle Parenzan

"Kyle P." wrote:

I am trying to set up a spreadsheet to show the costs, after rebates, for a
solar array. They rebate for New York is $1.75 per watt. That would be an
easy formula of: =the number of watts*1.75, or =(C9*1000)*1.75 on my
spreadsheet.

However, they only reimburse a customer up to 5000 watts. what formula can I
use to get excel to properly calculate this cell?

Thanks for any help possible,
Kyle Parenzan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

oops!