Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default First Pivot Table

Hi Everyone,

Using Excel 2003. I created my first pivot table being guided over the
phone and didn't quite remember how I got it grouped by years and quarters
when I tried to do it on my own. I do have a screenshot of the pivot Table
Wizard -layout and in my
Page box I have Therapy Description
Row section I have Quarters and Therapy End Date
Data section I have Count of Admit Number and Average of Vent LOS

I can reproduce everything but the Quarters because I don't have that label
in my new wizard to drag over to my Row section. I have right clicked and
double clicked to see if I could find the dialog screen that I could pull
that up but can't figure it out. I think I remember going through the
wizard then after all my labels were in there, I had to go back to get the
quarters.

Thanks,
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Linda

Right click on any date entryGroup and SubtotalGroupChoose Quarters
(And Years if you want that as well)OK

--
Regards
Roger Govier

Linda RQ wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you try again (from scratch)?

If yes, then build your pivottable so that only the date (therapy end date??) is
the only row field.

After you finish the wizard and the PT is created, rightclick on the date header
in column A (or any of the dates in that column).

Select "Group and Show Detail", then Group, then check quarters and years.

And finish up.

Remember that if you have any non-date cells (like empty cells or text) in that
date field, then you can't group it.

Linda RQ wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson