SL

Default Making MIcrosoft Word type from Right to Left

Hello. If I have a long DNA sequence and I want to reverse it to read right
to left instead of it reading left to right, does anyone know how to do this
the easy way without having to retype everything manually?

For example, if I have:
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

I want:
zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba

Does anyone know the shortcut or the function? Thanks a lot.
Ken Wright

No idea about Word, but if you have Excel then you can dump the string in
there and use the following function to reverse the string, then paste back
into Word:-

For recent versions of excel

Function ReverseText(cell)
ReverseText = StrReverse(cell.Text)
End Function

or if before Excel 2000

Function ReverseText1(cell)
'For prior to 2000
Dim TextLen As Integer
Dim i As Integer
TextLen = Len(cell)
For i = TextLen To 1 Step -1
ReverseText = ReverseText & Mid(cell, i, 1)
Next i
End Function

--
Regards