Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Single Filter to change all Pivot Tables in a Workbook

Hello experts,
I've reviewed PT0021 Change All Page Fields sample Excel file (for 2007) on
http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Pivot and am still having trouble
with my complex workbook with several pivot tables/charts. I have found in
this sample file that it works when you choose an explicit value in the
filter, however when you re-set the filters back to 'all' or choose multiple
values, this does not apply to subsequent pivot tables and worksheets. Is
this only possible with explicit values in the main filter or can the code be
modified to work when choosing 'all'?

Also, my workbook contains several worksheets of data, and subsequent
worksheets of various pivot tables for each set of data. The field names
would be consistent across each worksheet of data, however in my ideal world,
I'd like one main set of filters for a main pivot table to control ALL pivot
tables on subsequent worksheets, which feed from a variety of data worksheets
(all in the same workbook). Am I dreaming? So far, Excel pros that I've
solicited help from using the sample file referenced above have not been able
to make this work. Thank you.