Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default File Size

Please note that this is not your typical file size question.

I have a macro-enabled Excel 2007 file that varies in size from 15-100Mb
depending on how much data I populate it with. Every day, in order to email
this file out, I alter it by doing the following:

Select all tabs (11 in all).
Select all cells
Copy/Paste Values
Delete 5 of the tabs
Save as a new Excel Workbook (not macro enabled)

The new file size is now roughly 600Kb.

However, all of a sudden, the changed file is about 2Mb. I made sure to
delete all the excess rows/columns. I deleted the one macro that I have
stored in the file. I looked for any objects that might be on the sheets
(there were none). I deleted the tabs, one at a time, to see if I could
figure out which tab is causing the issue. Eventually, I deleted all the
tabs (had to insert a new blank one to ensure that there was at least one
tab). The end cell on the new blank tab is A1. There are no hidden sheets.
The file size is still 1.7Mb!

If I copy my used cells/sheets into a new workbook the file size is about
500Kb. Obviously there is something wrong with the file. Any thoughts as to
what is causing it? I'd rather not recreate the full file.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hmm....

Do you perhaps have a PivotTable cache that is stored somewhere (from an old
PivotTable) or any formula containing defined names? (Insert - name -
define)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"JTS1974" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The original has about 5 PivotTables that ultimately get valued-out.
Where/How would I find the PivotTable cache?

There are about 50 named ranges. However, since everything is valued-out,
there are no more formulas that refer to them.

"JTS1974" wrote in message
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok. I just deleted the defined names and the file is back down to 400Kb! I
didn't think just naming a range would affect a file like that. Especially
after everythign gets valued-out and isn't used anymore.

THANK YOU!!!