Jahcureus

Default How can i program excel to tab to selected areas on the sheet.

I created a form in excel and i want to have the ability to tab form one
selected spot to another. That's i want to move and enter data in select
areas on the sheet.

thanks
Otto Moehrbach

One way is to unlock all the "data" cells and protect the sheet. By "data"
I mean those cells into which you want the user to be able to enter data.
Hitting the Tab key will move the active cell (cursor) from one data cell to
another. Note that the sequence will be from left to right and from top
down.
You unlock a cell by first selecting the cell. then click on Format -
Cells - Protection tab, uncheck the Locked box, click OK. You can select
multiple cells by selecting the first one, then hold down the Ctrl key and
select the rest of them.
You protect the sheet by clicking on Tools - Protection - Protect Sheet.
HTH Otto
"Jahcureus" wrote in message
I created a form in excel and i want to have the ability to tab form one
selected spot to another. That's i want to move and enter data in select
areas on the sheet.

thanks

David McRitchie

You can select cells ahead of time then the tab will be in the
order you selected them and within groups left to right
and down.

example
select A2:F2 B2:G6 A7:B16 A2

then use the TAB key. If you make a mistake
you will likely have to start over with your preselection..

--
---
HTH,

"Jahcureus" wrote in message
I created a form in excel and i want to have the ability to tab form one
selected spot to another. That's i want to move and enter data in select
areas on the sheet.

thanks

David McRitchie

You had already discovered use of range yourself another way
if you have something you want to hit certain columns on a cell
would be to use an SelectionChange Event macro. There is one disadvantage
and that is that the program will not know that you inserted rows
and rearranged rows so the program would continue to do whatever
it was originally designed to do even if to the wrong columns.
Worksheet_SelectionChange (#ws_sc)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#ws_sc

Still another way would be with protected cells but that makes
insertions, deletions, and sorting more difficult. But if it is a form
taht will always have the same cels no extra rows or colums the
cell protection might work better for you.

---
HTH,