Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save a macro button onto a toolbar

I have cerated a macro button in a spreadsheet, and I would like to know if
it is possible to save that button onto a toollbar so that I can use it on
any spreadsheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

EXCEL 2007

Try this:-

1. Office Button (top left hand corner).

2. Excel Options (lower right hand corner).

3. Customize.

On the right hand side in here there is a section called:-

Choose commands from:

Click on the drop down arrow and select Macros.

4. A list of available Macros should appear on the left hand side.

Click the one that you want then click on the Add button.

5. Your Macro should now appear on the right hand side.

6. You can move its position on the Quick Access Toolbar by clicking the up
or down arrows (on the far right hand side).

7. Finally click OK.

8. Your Macro should now be assigned to the Quick Access Toolbar.

Thanks.

"BG Mark" wrote:

I have cerated a macro button in a spreadsheet, and I would like to know if
it is possible to save that button onto a toollbar so that I can use it on
any spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2003

ToolsCustomizeCommandsMacros

Drag smiley face up to a Toolbar.

Right-click and assign macro.

Note: you can also change the Icon image and its name..

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 02:05:01 -0700, BG Mark
wrote:

I have cerated a macro button in a spreadsheet, and I would like to know if
it is possible to save that button onto a toollbar so that I can use it on
any spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Saved from a previous post:

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

And if you use xl2007:

If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's
site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an
addin)
or
http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm

And Bob Phillips shows a way to use a wrapper so that it can work in both xl2003
and xl2007.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xldynamic/ar...me-simple.aspx

--

Dave Peterson