Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DA DA is offline

Default convert to minutes

Good Morning
Is there any way I can convert following to minutes using a formula or any
other way?
Thank you

35 Min
1 HR
2 Hr 30 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 30 min
1 Hr 10 min
2 Hr
2 Hr 15 min
3 Hr 5 min
1 HR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is your data text, or numbers?

If numbers, simply multiply each cell by 24*60
=A2*24*60

If text, the easiest way would probably be to do a Data - Text to Columns
(space as delimiter), and then do:
=A2*24+C2

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"da" wrote in message
Good Morning
Is there any way I can convert following to minutes using a formula or any
other way?
Thank you

35 Min
1 HR
2 Hr 30 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 30 min
1 Hr 10 min
2 Hr
2 Hr 15 min
3 Hr 5 min
1 HR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try

=SUM(HOUR(A1)*60)+MINUTE(A1)

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"da" wrote:

Good Morning
Is there any way I can convert following to minutes using a formula or any
other way?
Thank you

35 Min
1 HR
2 Hr 30 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 30 min
1 Hr 10 min
2 Hr
2 Hr 15 min
3 Hr 5 min
1 HR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This formula is based on the contents of cells being exactly as you've shown
them, most critically, having a single space before AND after the "HR" or
"Hr" or "hr" portion, and on having a single space before the "min" portion.
Both HR and MIN can be upper or lower case or a mix of both. This would be
to work with a value in cell A2:
=IF(ISERR(SEARCH("HR",A2)),IF(ISERR(SEARCH("min",A 2)),0,LEFT(A2,SEARCH("min",A2)-1)*1),LEFT(A2,SEARCH("hr",A2)-1)*60+IF(ISERR(SEARCH("min",A2)),0,MID(A2,SEARCH(" hr",A2)+2,SEARCH("min",A2)-SEARCH("hr",A2)-2)))

The system here will no doubt split that formula into several lines,
remember that when you enter it into your worksheet, it should be one long,
continuous entry.

"da" wrote:

Good Morning
Is there any way I can convert following to minutes using a formula or any
other way?
Thank you

35 Min
1 HR
2 Hr 30 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 30 min
1 Hr 10 min
2 Hr
2 Hr 15 min
3 Hr 5 min
1 HR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DA DA is offline

Thank you.
However, all times are shown in the following format. How do I conver it to
all minutes?
thanks
7:20 PM 10:40 PM
4:00 PM 6:30 PM
7:45 PM 8:45 PM
10:25 PM 12:00 AM
5:30 PM 6:30 PM
6:20 PM 9:40 PM
8:30 PM 9:30 PM
6:30 PM 9:40 PM
9:00 PM 11:15 PM

"da" wrote:

Good Morning
Is there any way I can convert following to minutes using a formula or any
other way?
Thank you

35 Min
1 HR
2 Hr 30 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 30 min
1 Hr 10 min
2 Hr
2 Hr 15 min
3 Hr 5 min
1 HR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DA DA is offline

Sorry to mislead you. However times are shown as following:
3:50 PM 4:25 PM
5:30 PM 6:30 PM
4:10 PM 6:40 PM
6:40 PM 8:45 PM
6:55 PM 8:50 PM
3:15 PM 5:45 PM
4:05 PM 5:15 PM

"da" wrote:

Good Morning
Is there any way I can convert following to minutes using a formula or any
other way?
Thank you

35 Min
1 HR
2 Hr 30 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 30 min
1 Hr 10 min
2 Hr
2 Hr 15 min
3 Hr 5 min
1 HR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DA DA is offline

Thank you all for your help.
I will try all suggestions.

"da" wrote in message
Good Morning
Is there any way I can convert following to minutes using a formula or any
other way?
Thank you

35 Min
1 HR
2 Hr 30 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 5 min
2 Hr 30 min
1 Hr 10 min
2 Hr
2 Hr 15 min
3 Hr 5 min
1 HR

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried. In the future, please provide accurate representation of your data
in its format so that a correct answer can be provided without wasting
anyone's time chasing a rabbit down a dark tunnel.
One of the other solutions should actually do what you need with what you
have.