Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Block a excel file from being copied?

I am trying to stop others from saving a file under a different name. Is it
possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not really.

Users can copy the file using windows explorer. And anything I could do to make
sure that it's where it's supposed to be (and named correctly) would rely on
macros. And macros can be disabled.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps...

But if the user has to update the file and then save it, you'd have to
complicate matters (a whole lot) by saving the file with all that stuff hidden.

And with the protection that's offered by both worksheet and workbook protection
(tools|protection type), it's still not too secure.

SG Hurst wrote:

I am trying to stop others from saving a file under a different name. Is it
possible?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Saving, copying and everything else to do with storing or deleting files is
handled by your operating system. XL really has no say in the matter.

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson