-   -   How can I hide formulas in a spreadsheet to send to a customer? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/26054-how-can-i-hide-formulas-spreadsheet-send-customer.html)

RB Geek

How can I hide formulas in a spreadsheet to send to a customer?

If it is possible, I would like to send a service proposal to a customer that
I have created in Excel. I think it may work by sending only the tab/sheets
that have the results, these only reference a cell on another sheet and
hence, that me be sufficient.

Let me know if there is a better way.

Thanks

Hi
If the sheet contains formulas, you'll probably want to protect the sheet,
so they cannot be changed. As default, all the cells are locked, but the
sheet needs to be protected for the lock to be activiated. Ctrl+A will
select all the cells in the sheet. Go to Format|Cells|Protection. From
there, you can select to hide the cells. This means that the formulas cannot
be seen.

--
Andy.

"RB Geek" <RB wrote in message
If it is possible, I would like to send a service proposal to a customer
that
I have created in Excel. I think it may work by sending only the
tab/sheets
that have the results, these only reference a cell on another sheet and
hence, that me be sufficient.

Let me know if there is a better way.

Thanks

bj

You can also copy and paste values on the sheets you are sending. thatway
they get no formulas at all.

"RB Geek" wrote:

If it is possible, I would like to send a service proposal to a customer that
I have created in Excel. I think it may work by sending only the tab/sheets
that have the results, these only reference a cell on another sheet and
hence, that me be sufficient.

Let me know if there is a better way.

Thanks

Ron de Bruin

Hi

You can make values of the formulas

My SendMail Add-in have a option to send the sheets you want as values
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl