Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: How to select an invoice entry ?

Hi,

Let's consider the table below:

A B C
1 Invoice Line code Selection
2 2010030101 18 A
3 2010030101 2 A
4 2010030102 3 B
5 2010030102 3 B
6 2010030103 18 A
7 2010030103 6 A
8 2010030104 4 B
9 2010030104 6 B
10 2010030105 5 B
11 2010030105 2 B
12 2010030106 1 A
13 2010030106 1 A
14 2010030106 18 A
15 2010030106 2 A

May I know the formula to input at cell C2 in order to label each invoice
batch as "A" when one of its line codes is "18" ? Otherwise label it as "B".

Thanks

Low

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jeanette,

This only select the row with "18", not the the rest of the line with the
similar invoice number, eg, I need to select row 12 to row 15 as "A" when
onlt row 14 has the code "18". Any other solution ?

"Jeanette" wrote:

Sorry B2, not B1

=IF(B2=18,"A","B")

"Jeanette" wrote:

=IF(B1=18,"A","B")

"Mr. Low" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try this in C2, which will involve both the invoice number and line code:
=IF(SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$15=A2)*($B$2:$B$15=18))0, "A","B")
Copy down to return desired results. Success? hit YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Mr. Low" wrote:
This only select the row with "18", not the the rest of the line with the
similar invoice number, eg, I need to select row 12 to row 15 as "A" when
only row 14 has the code "18". Any other solution ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Max,

Your formula works.

Thanks for your help.

Low

"Mr. Low" wrote:
This only select the row with "18", not the the rest of the line with the
similar invoice number, eg, I need to select row 12 to row 15 as "A" when
only row 14 has the code "18". Any other solution ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

You're welcome, Low. Glad to hear.
--