Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saving an Excel Spreadsheet outside of Excel Recent Documents

Okay "boys & girls" you may think this is a primative question, but I just
can't figure this out:

When I save an Excel spreadsheet, the only way I can get back into it is to
open up my Excel program Open the file I previously saved. And that is not
a problem.

However, what if I wanna save that Excel spreadsheet into one of my computer
document foldders? Now that's the problem! If I click: Start Documents
then I see all my special folders with all my special stuff. Well, I wanna
be able to save some of my Excel spreadsheets in a special folder as some
more special stuff.

So, what do I do? And, if there's a way--there must be a way--to do this
then I want to click on the Excel file in the special folder and open up the
file itself, so I can do more work on my special stuff in the worksheet of
that special file. This should work just as opening the file from recent
documents in the Excel program.

Or am I just hoping for a possibility which only exists in the mind of a
rabbit?

Happy Holidays! and Keep Smiling!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob, under the Save As there are many different options, such as .ods (open
document spreadsheet). Look, I don't understand the various options under
the Save As options list. How can I learn more?

Liontamer wrote:
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add any folders you want to "My Places" bar.

That is the vertical Bar that shows on left side of the Open or Save As
dialog box.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP