Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default split column data

Column C has multiple codes
I need to seperate the codes that start with the number 4
from the codes that start with the number 3
and past codes starting with number 4, into empty column D in the same
position they were in Column C

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(LEFT(C6;1)="4";C6;"")
hth
--
pleae click yes if it was helpfull
regards from Brazil

"Katerinia" escreveu:

Column C has multiple codes
I need to seperate the codes that start with the number 4
from the codes that start with the number 3
and past codes starting with number 4, into empty column D in the same
position they were in Column C

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

C D
2 422366
3 30000285
4 409997
5 431094
6 30000265
7 431167
8 30000326
9 465561
10 469002
431170
30000157

I need to move all codes that begin with the number 4 over one column in
place.
C D
1 422366
2 30000285
3 409997
4 431094
5 30000265
6 431167
7 30000326
8 465561
9 469002
10 431170
30000157

"Marcelo" wrote:

=IF(LEFT(C6;1)="4";C6;"")
hth
--

"Katerinia" escreveu:

Column C has multiple codes
I need to seperate the codes that start with the number 4
from the codes that start with the number 3
and past codes starting with number 4, into empty column D in the same
position they were in Column C

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would insert two new columns--one for the 4's and one for the 3's (actually,
the non-4's):

in D1:
=if(left(c1,1)="3",c1,"")

=E1:
=if(d1="",c1,"")

Select D1:E1 and drag down as far as you need.

Then with D:E selected, copy|Paste special|Values.

Then delete (or hide) the original column.

Katerinia wrote:

[...]

"Marcelo" wrote:

=IF(LEFT(C6;1)="4";C6;"")
hth
--

"Katerinia" escreveu:

Column C has multiple codes
I need to seperate the codes that start with the number 4
from the codes that start with the number 3
and past codes starting with number 4, into empty column D in the same
position they were in Column C

Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Worked beautifully Dave,
8,595 records of data took me 2 minutes instead of the full day I was
originally looking at. Thanks!

Katerinia wrote:

[...]

"Marcelo" wrote:

=IF(LEFT(C6;1)="4";C6;"")