Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data collection Sum/Total

Here's how I understand your setup:

Column A has 365 dates (01.Jan - 31.Dec) (starting in A2)
Column B has the weekday of the date in col.A. (starting in B2. col.header
"Weekday")
Column C has your "collected data" (col.header "amount")

In order to get the sum of all Mondays / Tuesdays / ... I propose two
approaches:

1 - Pivot table over columns B:C, pull the Days into "Row labels" and pull
the amounts into "Values" (you must include the column headers in the
definition of the data range)

2 - SUMIF: assume you want the result to be in rows D and E:
enter the 7 weekday names (or values 1 - 7 depending on how you defined
your weekdays in col.B) in col.D, starting at D2
in E2 enter this formula =SUMIF($A$2:$A$366,D2,$B$1:$B$366) and copy down
to E8

"Rebecca" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Hope someone has the answer to this little problem that I can't seem to sort.

I am trying to extract figures from a table. that will allow me to select
all numerical data entered on Mondays or Tuesdays ect

I have a table 365 days long with a column for the date, a column for the
day & a column for collected data.

I wish to extract/collect the sum total of data for the different days of
the week for a whole year.

I have been trying to use the paste function/Lookup facility but cannot fine
anything that gives the sum total of the required info.

--
Thanks Becky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data collection Sum/Total (correction)

SUMIF should read:

2 - SUMIF: assume you want the result to be in columns D and E: ... (not rows)