Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop down list

When right clicked on a cell there appears an option called 'pick from drop
down list',. How to use this feature & does it have any relationship to Data
validation drop down list
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are completing a column with items that repeat themselves then you can
quickly fill in the next entry in that column by selecting it from an
automatic list of what's been entered in that column already. Press Alt +
down cursor arrow to see the available list (you may want to make the column
wider). See http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk/expick.htm for more information.

Andrea Jones
www.stratatraining.co.uk

"Asoka Walpitagama - Brandix College IT" wrote:

When right clicked on a cell there appears an option called 'pick from drop
down list',. How to use this feature & does it have any relationship to Data
validation drop down list

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry..., in my eyes it is a matter of terminology + my bad understanding of
English.
One [like me] could think that the list will be operational only if there
are, already, repetitive values.
Micky

"Andrea Jones" wrote:

1) It works fine even if the values DO NOT repeat themselves.

But you would only want to use the feature if the values DID repeat
themselves, that's the whole point of it, it's only useful on columns where
you are entering repetitive text values.

Yes, it does only work for non-numeric values, the orignal poster was just
asking what it was.

Andrea Jones

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

1) It works fine even if the values DO NOT repeat themselves.
2) As far as I recall it works only for Strings and not for Numerics.
3) I would dare to call it "The DVs Step-son" as it lets you Pick Values
from a Drop-down List in order to quickly insert existing values, without
typing, into an empty cell RIGHT Below the list.
Micky