Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Help

I need a formula that will translate a percentage change into a word.
For instance;
if the percentage of cell a1 is negative 5% or greater I want cell b1 to
transcribe "LOWER PRICE"
if the percentage of cell a1 is 5% or greater I want cell b1 to transcribe
"HIGHER PRICE"
if trhe percentage is between -5% and +5% I want cell b1 to transcribe
"STEADY PRICE"

Thank You in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A1<=-5,"Lower",IF(A1=5,"Higher",IF(A1<-5:5,"Steady")))
I'm treating the A1 entry as a number.
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"sross002" wrote:

I need a formula that will translate a percentage change into a word.
For instance;
if the percentage of cell a1 is negative 5% or greater I want cell b1 to
transcribe "LOWER PRICE"
if the percentage of cell a1 is 5% or greater I want cell b1 to transcribe
"HIGHER PRICE"
if trhe percentage is between -5% and +5% I want cell b1 to transcribe
"STEADY PRICE"

Thank You in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How are you producing that figure?
--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"sross002" wrote:

What if a1 is a percentage?

"sross002" wrote:

I need a formula that will translate a percentage change into a word.
For instance;
if the percentage of cell a1 is negative 5% or greater I want cell b1 to
transcribe "LOWER PRICE"
if the percentage of cell a1 is 5% or greater I want cell b1 to transcribe
"HIGHER PRICE"
if trhe percentage is between -5% and +5% I want cell b1 to transcribe
"STEADY PRICE"

Thank You in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

=IF(A1<=0.5,"Lower price",if(A1=0.5,"Higher price","Steady price"))
--
Regards
Roger Govier