Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Select specific location in spreadsheet

I have a menu set up for a user to get information based on a choice from a
drop down list. The event macro will go to a specific location based on the
choice. The location is in the same worksheet but I have a split window - so
the information to display is on the right while the menu is still on the
left. Right now I use a "GoTo" to go to the appropriate section, but it
doesn't always frame correctly in the display window. For example if the
goto goes to cell Z1, the window might show columns W to Z, but I really
want columns Z to AC. So how do I force the "goto" to set up the window from
Z to AC. I hope I made this clear. Any help is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can set the cell that you want in the upper left corner of the
ActiveWindow or the ActivePane with the following language:

ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 10 Row 10
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 5 Column E

Or:

ActiveWindow.Pane(2).ScrollRow = 10
ActiveWindow.Pane(2).ScrollColumn = 5

You would need to test the Pane part because I am not too sure how it
would workin your specific worksheet.

tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, that needs to be: