Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default speak cells in Excel

Someone has changed the settings on my computer so that every time I enter
anything in a cell, the computer speaks what I typed in upon hitting the
enter key. I have no idea how this setting got changed. Does anyone have a
suggestion on how to make it stop speaking the contents of the cell?
I have Office 2007, using the application Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't have 2007 but you may try Tools Speech and click on the upper
right corner "x" of the small Speech Icon shown on the sheet.

May be different in 2007...?

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Dave" wrote in message
Someone has changed the settings on my computer so that every time I enter
anything in a cell, the computer speaks what I typed in upon hitting the
enter key. I have no idea how this setting got changed. Does anyone have
suggestion on how to make it stop speaking the contents of the cell?
I have Office 2007, using the application Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copied from an earlier posting by Micky (an MVP):-

You want to check out the following:
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...-in-excel-2007
Micky

"Dave" wrote:

Someone has changed the settings on my computer so that every time I enter
anything in a cell, the computer speaks what I typed in upon hitting the
enter key. I have no idea how this setting got changed. Does anyone have a
suggestion on how to make it stop speaking the contents of the cell?
I have Office 2007, using the application Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
do you have speak commands on the QAT? if not see this site....
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...3271033.aspx#1
you will have to find the "Speak on enter" icon and click it. that turns it
on/off.

regards
FSt1