Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How many entries can Excel handle!?

I have close to 1000 entries in my Excel spreadsheet, and am trying to figure
out why entries are coming up missing. I often do custom sorts. This may be
when entries get tossed out?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are no where near the limit. Check out the help file article "Excel
limits and specifications". There must be something else going on.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Rebecca Sage" wrote in message
I have close to 1000 entries in my Excel spreadsheet, and am trying to
figure
out why entries are coming up missing. I often do custom sorts. This may
be
when entries get tossed out?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

EXCEL 2007 can handle:-

1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"Rebecca Sage" wrote:

I have close to 1000 entries in my Excel spreadsheet, and am trying to figure
out why entries are coming up missing. I often do custom sorts. This may be
when entries get tossed out?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And Excel 2003 has a limit of 65535 rows and 256 columns.

Your 1000 entries really should not be a problem. Have you checked to see
if perhaps your special sorting has placed some entries in places on the
sheet where you may not be looking?

A quick way to find out how far down and over on a sheet your data extends
is to click in a cell on a sheet and then press [Ctrl]+[End]. This will take
you to the lower right corner of the used range on a sheet. You can then
start looking to the left and up the sheet for your data.

"Rebecca Sage" wrote:

I have close to 1000 entries in my Excel spreadsheet, and am trying to figure
out why entries are coming up missing. I often do custom sorts. This may be
when entries get tossed out?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1000? that is a filter limit for unique items.

Rebecca Sage wrote:

I have close to 1000 entries in my Excel spreadsheet, and am trying to figure
out why entries are coming up missing. I often do custom sorts. This may be
when entries get tossed out?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

xl2003 and below will only show 1000 unique entries in the autofilter dropdown.

But you can use a custom filter and type in what you're looking for (use
contains???).

Rebecca Sage wrote:

I have close to 1000 entries in my Excel spreadsheet, and am trying to figure
out why entries are coming up missing. I often do custom sorts. This may be
when entries get tossed out?

--

Dave Peterson