Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default calculating time

Hi,

I have to calculate the following
Employee job in must be 9:00 am, but employee arrived 8.53 am.
Which formula must I use to calculate the 7 min ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
take a look at CPearson web has everything related to timesheet

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

"Xavie" wrote:

Hi,

I have to calculate the following
Employee job in must be 9:00 am, but employee arrived 8.53 am.
Which formula must I use to calculate the 7 min ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Start time in A1 and arrival time in b1

=A1-B1

But this will fail if an employee is late so it's best to use

=MAX(A1,B1)-MIN(A1,B1)

Now apply a conditional format to this cell using the formula

=B1A1
Select red font and if an employee is late it will show up red
--
Mike

question.