Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Ctrl+E to center

MS Word and PowerPoint has had the "Ctrl+E to center" function for years, and
I am really hoping this will be extended to MS Excel soon. Today, typing the
Ctrl+E in Excel produces no response at all, so I wonder why this feature
hasn't been activated years ago. Indeed, Open Office Calc uses Ctrl+E to
centre content in spreadsheet cells...

Best regards,
Thomas S.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
spreadsheets have been around longer than word or powerpoint.
in spread sheets it's a tad different.
to right justfy - preceed input with and apostrophe (')
to center - proceed input with a caret (^)
to left justfy = proceed input with double quotes (")

it's been that way for the past 30+ years going back to before
windows....before the mouse.

regards
FSt1

"Thomas S." wrote:

MS Word and PowerPoint has had the "Ctrl+E to center" function for years, and
I am really hoping this will be extended to MS Excel soon. Today, typing the
Ctrl+E in Excel produces no response at all, so I wonder why this feature
hasn't been activated years ago. Indeed, Open Office Calc uses Ctrl+E to
centre content in spreadsheet cells...

Best regards,
Thomas S.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

create your own with the following code and assign a key sequence to it
cntr-shift-E

Sub center_text()
Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003