Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default pasting values from pivot table still linked

I have a fairly big table that provides values for a pivot table. I would
like to view the data from the pivot table and copy and paste this
information to a new tab as values, and retain the formatting. The goal is
to keep the spreadsheet from freezing - which it seems to do too much. I
understand that pivot tables share cached memory.

This copy, paste special, values and paste special "all using source theme"
method seemed to be working. However, I noticed tha the sheet was freezing
more and more and today, I noticed that when I updated the pivot table for
the specific copied and pasted range, that new table of "values" also
updated!

WHen I click on an individual cell in the new tab that should have values, I
only see values.

Please help me understand what I am doing incorrectly!

Thanks,

Chris