Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel

How can I enter a value in a cell that contains a formula but without erasing
the formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
you can't. entering a value would overwrite the formula.
you could do somthing like this..
=A1+A2 & 500 but that would turn the entire cell value to text and the
formula and value would be useless not to mention a waiste of time.

regards
FSt1

"Zapatera" wrote:

How can I enter a value in a cell that contains a formula but without erasing
the formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi again.
i think my brain skidded into a ditch. the formula i posted would work.
if 1 was in A1 and 2 in A2, the results would be 3500. (3 & 500)
also if you replace the apersand with a plus sign the result would be 503.

so it could be done. just depends would what results you want.

sorry for the confusion. my fault.

regards
FSt1