Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Thought it was an "IF" formula, but haven't been able to figure it

I am looking for a formula (excel 2003) that gives me the following
answer.
(in box 14) If line 10 is more than line 13 enter the answer J31
(in box 15) If line 13 is more than line 10 enter the answer H32

8 175227.44
9
10 175225.44
11 175227.18
12a 2967.75
12b 1
13 178194.93
14
15

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure whether I understand what you mean by "line 10" and "line 13".

If this doesn't suit you please explain what you mean.

=IF(A10A13,J31,H32)

I've assumed that the entry has to be the result in either j31 or h32 so if
it's not one then it has to be the other. Also a10 and a13 have been
substituted for line 10 and 13 until more information available.

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"kmjmail" wrote:

I am looking for a formula (excel 2003) that gives me the following
answer.
(in box 14) If line 10 is more than line 13 enter the answer J31
(in box 15) If line 13 is more than line 10 enter the answer H32

8 175227.44
9
10 175225.44
11 175227.18
12a 2967.75
12b 1
13 178194.93
14
15

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

In J14
=IF(J10J13,"J31","")
in H15
IF(J13J10,"H32","")

--
Regards
Roger Govier

kmjmail wrote:
I am looking for a formula (excel 2003) that gives me the following
answer.
(in box 14) If line 10 is more than line 13 enter the answer J31
(in box 15) If line 13 is more than line 10 enter the answer H32

8 175227.44
9
10 175225.44
11 175227.18
12a 2967.75
12b 1
13 178194.93
14
15

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Thought it was an "IF" formula, but haven't been able to figur

I was afraid I wouldnt explain it correctly.

On my worksheet I have a result of a formula in a cell on line 10 and in
another cell I have a result of another formula in a cell on line 13.
The result that goes on line 14 says: if line 10 is more than line 13 enter
amount here.
The result that goes on line15 says: if line 13 is more than line 10 enter
amount here.

Line 10 200.00 line 10 200.00
line 11
line 12
Line 13 150.00 line 13 400.00
Line 14 the answer should be 50.00 line 14
-
Line 15 - line 15 should be 200.00

Hope this helps explain it better. Thank you for your help.

"kmjmail" wrote:

I am looking for a formula (excel 2003) that gives me the following
answer.
(in box 14) If line 10 is more than line 13 enter the answer J31
(in box 15) If line 13 is more than line 10 enter the answer H32

8 175227.44
9
10 175225.44
11 175227.18
12a 2967.75
12b 1
13 178194.93
14
15

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Instead of referring to lines, tell us what the cell references are.

From my previous posting, perhaps you want

In J14
=IF(J10J13,J31,"")
in H15
IF(J13J10,H32,"")

or
in J14
=IF(J10J13,J10-J13,"")
in J15
=IF(J10<J13,J13-J10,"")

Without knowledge of to which cells you are referring, these are all
merely guesses as to what is in your mind.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"kmjmail" wrote:

I am looking for a formula (excel 2003) that gives me the following
answer.
(in box 14) If line 10 is more than line 13 enter the answer J31
(in box 15) If line 13 is more than line 10 enter the answer H32

8 175227.44
9
10 175225.44
11 175227.18
12a 2967.75
12b 1
13 178194.93
14
15

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much, it was driving me nuts. It was the second half of the
second example that I was missing.

I will be able to use this a lot, thanks again.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Instead of referring to lines, tell us what the cell references are.

From my previous posting, perhaps you want

.