Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i find my old questions and answers

i have posted a few questions and got answers in this forum, unfortunately i
have stored the answers. i have now the same questions, how can i retrieve
those old questions, so that I can review the answers given then
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...HtE-OvPWMjurJE
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"VKL Narayanan" wrote:

i have posted a few questions and got answers in this forum, unfortunately i
have stored the answers. i have now the same questions, how can i retrieve
those old questions, so that I can review the answers given then

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is off-topic, but would you please tell me how you accomplished that
result in Google Groups.

I often do not have much success with GG Advanced Search.

In this case, I find only 5 of the 7 postings that you found, and the
results are not in the form that you show.

I tried two different methods.

1. In Advanced Search, I select: 50 results per page; sort by date; search
Google Groups; return messages posted anytime; author is
. The result is given by
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...com&safe =off.

2. In my Profile page, I enter in the
search field. The result is given by
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=VK...Submit3=Search.

Note that this finds only 4 of the 7. Furthermore, if I click on Sort By
Date, the list is reduced to 3(!).

Moreover, in the recent past, when I have tried searching based on message
ID, the search has failed despite the fact that I had copied the message ID
from a message that I found in GG, and the message had been posted using GG.

(I was testing search by message ID because another less-controlled search
failed, where I had gotten the message ID from some other source.)

More typically, when I search based on "find web pages [with] all these
words", usually limiting the search to "from the group at [...]
microsoft.public.excel.*" and "from the group at [...]
microsoft.public.excel", I often fail to find the article that I know exists
(because I posted it).

I have also had no success when I specify "subject contains". It is not
clear to me whether the search field must be a phrase or a set of words; and
if the latter, whether the words are ORed or ANDed by default. Usually I
try to limit the search field to one word, just to be sure.

(Occassionally, I also try specifying "author is". But I do not expect that
to always succeed because I have posted under slightly different variations
of my account name, depending on the interface used. Again, it is not clear
to me whether the search field can be a substring, or it must be an exact
match.)

None of this instills confidence in GG Advanced Search. I use it because
it's the best I have found. When it is successful, I'm pleased. When it is
not, I'm SOL.

i have posted a few questions and got answers in this forum,
unfortunately i
have stored the answers. i have now the same questions, how can i
retrieve
those old questions, so that I can review the answers given then

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did not use advanced search. I went to the Group in which the poster made
his query. I click on his username and selected Profile.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

.