Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Display columns or rows based on values

I am familiar with the custom views feature in Excel 2007. Is there a way to
cause rows or columns to automatically be hidden or displayed based on values
in row 1 or column A? For example, is there a way to select a custom view and
show only those columns where row 1 = "show this column" as opposed to
selecting each column and hiding it and then saving as a custom view. I have
a spreadsheet with many columns and likely, many custom views and I am
looking for a way to automate this.

Thanks in advance,
bmac
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would be a lot easier if I knew that the columns to NOT show were blank.
If that's the case, you can either have a macro do this or manually (pretty
easy).
Manually (and you can record this in your personal.xlsm to playback) select
row 1, use Goto/Special, select Blanks, then press ctrl-0.
After a little cleanup, the 1-line macro is:

Rows(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireColum n.Hidden = True

HTH
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP