Old March 18th 10, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pm pm is offline

Default need to convert microsoft date to yyyymmdd

I have a file in which I concatenate two fields, the vendor and the date.

it shows as 40255-3042
I would like 20100318-3042

Here's my formula: =concatenate(O2,"-",B2)

Can anyone help me format the date field I am picking up in column O2?

Old March 18th 10, 10:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=text(o2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&b2
or maybe...
=text(o2,"yyyymmdd")&"-"&text(b2,"0000")

To make sure that that vendor is 4 digits, too.

Old March 19th 10, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pm pm is offline

That works excellent, thanks! I tried using the text function too, but
couldn't get it to work. Thanks again for your help!

.