Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to see full path name of open workbook?

Is there a simple way to see the full path name (folder and file name) of an
open workbook?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Joe,

=CELL("filename",A1)

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Where do you want to see this?

If you display the Web Toolbar you will see path and name if the bar.

On the Title Bar?

Add this code to Thisworkbook module.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName

Application.Caption = ""
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:22:04 -0700, "Joe User" <joeu2004 wrote:

Is there a simple way to see the full path name (folder and file name) of an
open workbook?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
If you display the Web Toolbar you will see path and name

Thanks. That will do nicely.

On the Title Bar?

Yeah, that's my preference. But it's not worth creating a Workbook_Open
macro just for this unless I want to apply it to all Excel files that I
open. Not sure if I do.

However....

Application.Caption = ""
End Sub

Why bother? Just good practice to restore the default, for example if I
only want to apply this to one workbook, but not others open subsequently in
the same Excel instance? Just to show me how, in case I wanted to? (Good
idea.) Or is this an Excel requirement?(!)

If you display the Web Toolbar you will see path and name if the bar.

On the Title Bar?

Add this code to Thisworkbook module.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName

Application.Caption = ""
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:22:04 -0700, "Joe User" <joeu2004 wrote:

Is there a simple way to see the full path name (folder and file name) of
an
open workbook?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put the following code in the ThisWorkbook module of your Personal.xls
workbook (or any other workbook that is normally always open).

Private WithEvents App As Excel.Application

Private Sub App_WindowActivate(ByVal Wb As Workbook, _
ByVal Wn As Window)
Wn.Caption = Wb.FullName
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()