Graham Jones

Default Excel Viewer Won't Read xls file!

Was emailed an xls file so downloaded Excel Viewer, but even though the
Excel Graphic has appeared on the file, when I try to open it Excel Viewer
2003 says it can't open files of this type.

Running XP SP2 on a Dimension 8250..

Ideas would be appreciated
Harald Staff

One can name and rename a file just anything, the .xls extension is no
guarantee that the file has anything to do with excel. Does the viewer open
files that you know for sure are excel files ?

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Graham Jones" skrev i melding