Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a lookup in a userform

I am learning how to create a userform in Excel 2003 - I have used
Excel for years but have not used VBA since 2001 which was using Excel
97. I am to say the least somewhat rusty. Currently using Excel 2003

My first problem is that I want to have a list or combo box which will
call up a defined list called "Listofprojects". To this end I have
created a listbox with the Rowsource = "Listofprojects" a name
defined list - which displays the various list of projects.

I now want to create a second and third field on the userform which
are automatically populated when a selection is made in listbox1 -
where it will call up the same worksheet "ProjectID" and lookup the
values in columns C and F where the listbox value swelected from the
userform is in column A - but cannot remember where to start. I know
I would normally use the Vlookup function but cannot relate this to
the userform

I am trying to create an idiot proof input form rather than the basic
excel created form which I have tended to use in the past.

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Any help will be greatly appreciated

BJthebear
Scotland