Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RLD RLD is offline

Default Hide or Protect Headers

How do I prevent others from changing the format of the header and footer. I
tried protecting the sheet but people are still able to edit the header and
footer.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you lock the cells you want to be protected?
Select all cells to protect, format cells, protection tab, check locked.
Then protect worksheet & apply password then save.

"RLD" wrote:

How do I prevent others from changing the format of the header and footer. I
tried protecting the sheet but people are still able to edit the header and
footer.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe this can only be done through VBA.

i.e. a beforeprint event that erases any changes made by users and adds
footers/headers you designate.

Would you need this for all sheets in the workbook?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP