Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Getpivotdata and greater than or equal to

I'm experimenting with using a pivot table as an intermediate step in a
report I'm doing that has been slow. It seems to help speed up the process a
bit, I just need help filtering down to the dates I need.
Each transaction has a date associated with it, I have gotten the
getpivotdata to work except for being able to have it only include
transactions with dates after my begdate and before my enddate.
I need to figure out how to get something like this to work:
=GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Lbs",'sheet2'!$A$3,"Customer",A4,"Budget LOT
#",B4,"transaction date",=b2,"transaction date",<=c2)
where b2 is the cell that has my begdate and c2 is the cell that has my end
date, so far I'm just getting errors.
Or is it possible to have the pivottable automatically filter itself based
on the dates entered into those cells? I have not been able to figure that
out either, either solution would work.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2007 PivotTable
Date filter, "between".
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzuwzumtjji/03_12_10.xlsm
Pdf preview:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fjz4mnonydm/03_12_10a.pdf
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok so it can be done.... is there any way to get around messing with the
basic programming as I have never done any of that and have no clue where to
start? Some form of helper equation or anything else? WAs hoping not to
have another learning curve with visual basic.
But at least if not I know it can be done.

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Excel 2007 PivotTable
Date filter, "between".
.