Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Time input in w/sheet #2

I had a problem which was resolved (or so I thought) yesterday regarding
input of time. I was kindly given the solution
Dim TimeStr As String

On Error GoTo EndMacro
If Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
End If
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then
Exit Sub
End If
If Target.Value = "" Then
Exit Sub
End If

Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .HasFormula = False Then
Select Case Len(.Value)
Case 1 ' e.g., 1 = 00:01 AM
TimeStr = "00:0" & .Value
Case 2 ' e.g., 12 = 00:12 AM
TimeStr = "00:" & .Value
Case 3 ' e.g., 735 = 7:35 AM
TimeStr = Left(.Value, 1) & ":" & _
Right(.Value, 2)
Case 4 ' e.g., 1234 = 12:34
TimeStr = Left(.Value, 2) & ":" & _
Right(.Value, 2)
Case 5 ' e.g., 12345 = 1:23:45 NOT 12:03:45
TimeStr = Left(.Value, 1) & ":" & _
Mid(.Value, 2, 2) & ":" & Right(.Value, 2)
Case 6 ' e.g., 123456 = 12:34:56
TimeStr = Left(.Value, 2) & ":" & _
Mid(.Value, 3, 2) & ":" & Right(.Value, 2)
Case Else
Err.Raise 0
End Select
.Value = TimeValue(TimeStr)
End If
End With
Application.EnableEvents = True
Exit Sub
EndMacro:
MsgBox "You did not enter a valid time"
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

I changed

If Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is

To If Application.Intersect(Target, Range("a:t")) Is

To encompass the whole w/sheet.

That works fine in the areas where time is to be entered but I lost my way
somewhat and missed the fact that I need to have other columns with a numeric
(no decimal) entry.

I have tried to specify the cols where time is entered but to no avail.
They are H,K,N,Q.

Numeric entries are in D,G,J,M,P & S.

This is all new to me and Id like some more assistance please

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this instead:
If Application.Intersect(Target,
Union(Range("D:D"),Range("G:G"),Range("J:J"), _
Range("M:M"), Range("P:P"), Range("S:S"))) Is Nothing Then

"Russell Dawson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops, I just realized I grabbed your numeric entry columns instead. Use
references to H, K, N and Q instead of the others in the statement I posted,
as:

If Application.Intersect(Target, Union(Range("H:H"), Range("K:K"), _
Range("N:N"), Range("Q:Q"))) Is Nothing Then

"Russell Dawson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thankyou gentlemen. That was a great help.

There's just one thing (isn't there always?)

Column E is performing as if it were formatted to give date and time e.g
25/01/1900 00:00:00 whenever I input my test time of 25 for 25minutes and
which in other columns shows as 0.25 as designed. That's what
shows(25/01/1900 00:00:00 0) in the formula box but in the cell it shows
00.00.

I'm sure the problem lies with my original attempts to get this working. I
have cleared data validation applied previously and formatted cells in every
way I can think. The other cells are formatted Time 13.30 English US.

Any ideas guys?

--

.