Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Formating

Update to previous!!!! It is the date I am having trouble with? the
previous formatting offered the diplay option of Tuesday March 9, 2010 and
would display upon entering 3/9. The Vista version does not offer that
option and displays Mar. 9 10 and only if you enter 9/3. Entering 3/9 gives
me March 1 2009?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So how do you want the date to appear?

If it's Tuesday Mar,09,2010 then custom format to dddd mmm,dd,yyyy

If it's 3/9 make it m/d

Rather than a new posting, if you have an update again before a response
please update by reply to your own posting so it's all together.

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"Walter" wrote:

Update to previous!!!! It is the date I am having trouble with? the
previous formatting offered the diplay option of Tuesday March 9, 2010 and
would display upon entering 3/9. The Vista version does not offer that
option and displays Mar. 9 10 and only if you enter 9/3. Entering 3/9 gives
me March 1 2009?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Walter

Right click your start buttonControl PanelRegional settings
It sounds as though they are different on your laptop.
--
Regards
Roger Govier