Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Display cell value

can anyone help me out with the option to set the cell value as below
EG;- 450.00
252.12
500.00
these are the values with decimal points 450.00 but in the formula bar i.e
at fx it will be displayed as 450 without any decimal point.
i want some option wherein the value in the cell and the formula bar to
display as 450.00 only
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Begin the value with an apostrophe (single quote)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"User" wrote:

can anyone help me out with the option to set the cell value as below
EG;- 450.00
252.12
500.00
these are the values with decimal points 450.00 but in the formula bar i.e
at fx it will be displayed as 450 without any decimal point.
i want some option wherein the value in the cell and the formula bar to
display as 450.00 only

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Formula bar plays a roll as far as the WS user is concerned and it has no
affect on the cell formats.
Can you give us ONE(!) good reason for the need to display, in the formula
bar, 450.00 instead of 450 ?
Micky

"User" wrote:

can anyone help me out with the option to set the cell value as below
EG;- 450.00
252.12
500.00
these are the values with decimal points 450.00 but in the formula bar i.e
at fx it will be displayed as 450 without any decimal point.
i want some option wherein the value in the cell and the formula bar to
display as 450.00 only

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sorry ill not be able to give you the answer for the purpose of it but my
manager wants it so thats it please give me a solution this was available in
MS Office 2003 but not in 2007.

pls suggest me ....

"User" wrote:

can anyone help me out with the option to set the cell value as below
EG;- 450.00
252.12
500.00
these are the values with decimal points 450.00 but in the formula bar i.e
at fx it will be displayed as 450 without any decimal point.
i want some option wherein the value in the cell and the formula bar to
display as 450.00 only

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, it wasn't. In this respect, 2003 behaved the same as 2007.
If it is stored as a number, it will appear as 450 in the formula bar. If
your manager wants to see it as 450.00 in the formula bar then it has to be
entered as text (for example by being preceded by an apostrophe), as you were
told earlier.
--
David Biddulph