Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Validation and Lookup

Im am creating a Price Inquiry tool... I am just having problems when it
comes to the lookup for the prices...

I have A1 as the Item Category drop down and B1 as the Item drop down... I
want C3 to return the price of the item once B1 already has the exact item to
lookup...

I created the A1 and B1 as dependent drop down list.

A B C
1 Gardening Water Hose Price

Need help.. Please advise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ck ck is offline

From what i understand is that you want column C to return the price of the
item if column A is selected and column B, you select 'price' from the drop
down list. If so, assuming in your database, you have set column E for all
the items and column F for all the prices for those items, in column C, try
this formula:

=IF(B2="Price",INDEX($F$2:$F$4,MATCH(D2,$E$2:$E$4, 0)),"")

Change the range as accordingly.

Click yes below if this is what you want.

"max007" wrote:

Im am creating a Price Inquiry tool... I am just having problems when it
comes to the lookup for the prices...

I have A1 as the Item Category drop down and B1 as the Item drop down... I
want C3 to return the price of the item once B1 already has the exact item to
lookup...

I created the A1 and B1 as dependent drop down list.

A B C
1 Gardening Water Hose Price

Need help.. Please advise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"ck" wrote:

Sorry should be =IF(B2="Price",INDEX($F$2:$F$4,MATCH(A2,$E$2:$E$4, 0)),"")

From what i understand is that you want column C to return the price of the

"max007" wrote:

Im am creating a Price Inquiry tool... I am just having problems when it
comes to the lookup for the prices...

I have A1 as the Item Category drop down and B1 as the Item drop down... I
want C3 to return the price of the item once B1 already has the exact item to
lookup...

I created the A1 and B1 as dependent drop down list.

A B C
1 Gardening Water Hose Price

Need help.. Please advise

maybe just to add some detail...

A B C
1 Price
2 Gardening Water Hose
3
4 Gardening Hardware Price
5 Water Hose Nails 100
6 Fertizer Hammer 50

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ck ck is offline

Sorry your example all jumble up and I cannot decipher. Am i correct that you
need to find the price (column C) based on the selection in column A and
column B? If so, you can try to use SUMPRODUCT for your 2 criteria. How does
your database look like?

"max007" wrote:

"ck" wrote:

Sorry should be =IF(B2="Price",INDEX($F$2:$F$4,MATCH(A2,$E$2:$E$4, 0)),"")

From what i understand is that you want column C to return the price of the

"max007" wrote:

Im am creating a Price Inquiry tool... I am just having problems when it
comes to the lookup for the prices...

I have A1 as the Item Category drop down and B1 as the Item drop down... I
want C3 to return the price of the item once B1 already has the exact item to
lookup...

I created the A1 and B1 as dependent drop down list.

A B C
1 Gardening Water Hose Price

Need help.. Please advise

maybe just to add some detail...

A B C
1 Price
2 Gardening Water Hose
3
4 Gardening Hardware Price
5 Water Hose Nails 100
6 Fertizer Hammer 50

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"max007" wrote:

"ck" wrote:

Sorry should be =IF(B2="Price",INDEX($F$2:$F$4,MATCH(A2,$E$2:$E$4, 0)),"")

From what i understand is that you want column C to return the price of the

"max007" wrote:

Im am creating a Price Inquiry tool... I am just having problems when it
comes to the lookup for the prices...

I have A1 as the Item Category drop down and B1 as the Item drop down... I
want C3 to return the price of the item once B1 already has the exact item to
lookup...

I created the A1 and B1 as dependent drop down list.

A B C
1 Gardening Water Hose Price

Need help.. Please advise

maybe just to add some detail...

A B C
1 Price
2 Gardening Water Hose
3
4 Gardening Hardware Price
5 Water Hose Nails 100
6 Fertizer Hammer 50

the table looks well on the reply window.. :)

i really appreciate your time and effort in helping me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ck ck is offline

Is it something like this?

A B C
1
Price
2 Gardening Water Hose Water Hose 100
3 Gardening Hardware Nails 50
4 Gardening Hardware Hammer 20
5 Gardening Hardware Fertizer 10

6

"max007" wrote:

"ck" wrote:

Sorry should be =IF(B2="Price",INDEX($F$2:$F$4,MATCH(A2,$E$2:$E$4, 0)),"")

From what i understand is that you want column C to return the price of the