Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sumproduct not working

i...for the life of me can't get a sumproduct formula to work.

in a seperate worksheet i have column am. i want it to search column am for
the number 3. after that i want it to go to column x and tell me how many of
column am's number 3 have a y in column x.

i'm using =SUMPRODUCT('Orders-Breakout'!AM:AM=3)*('Orders-Breakout'!X:X="Y")

i keep getting a #num! error...what am i doing wrong?

--
problem
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check our your parentheses. You've closed off the Sumproduct function too
early. You need:
=SUMPRODUCT(('Orders-Breakout'!AM:AM=3)*('Orders-Breakout'!X:X="Y"))

Also, you can't use entire columns unless you have XL2007+

Regards,
Fred

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
You can NOT use entire columns with sumproduct(before xl2007)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel