Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default unusual window message

when pressing the enter key after formating a cell in excel 2003 file, a
window message will say "to many different cell format". If I press OK, and
later save the file, the other previous formatting will be gone once I opened
the same file.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
excel 03 allows 4000 different format combinations. this has been increased
to 64000 for 07.

see this site for more details and possible fixes.

regards
FSt1

"edwin_dammam" wrote:

when pressing the enter key after formating a cell in excel 2003 file, a
window message will say "to many different cell format". If I press OK, and
later save the file, the other previous formatting will be gone once I opened
the same file.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have too many cell formats.

See this KB Article for explanation and fixes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP