Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Emailing mail merge templates

I have successfully created an Excel spreadsheet with the correct headers to
do a mail merge. I have also successfully created a Word doc linked to the
Excel spreadsheet to accomplish the mail merge.

Now I would like to mail those two skeleton files (Excel spreadsheet and
Word doc) to other people so that can add their data, then execute the mail
merge. However, the link between the two files is hard coded with the full
file path and name. Therefore, when they receive the two files, the Word doc
no longer recognizes the Excel spreadsheet, because obviously the full path
name is different.

Is there an easy way t keep these two files linked after emailing? I really
don't want to write a lengthy set of instructions on how to repair the link.