Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default display order of values without sorting

I would like to create a sheet that can give me a weighted score at the end
of the row.

What I mean by this is I have a sheet with 4 colums and 10 rows,

each of the rows will have a weighted number in each of the colums with a
total at the end.

With out sorting the rows I would like to rank them in importance, the
highest number being a 1 the next a 2 the next highest a 3 and so on. Is
there a function that does this or does someone have a formula?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this€¦
This formula will create logic and will assign a value for the equivalent
word.
=IF(A1="two",2,IF(A1="three",3,IF(A1="one",1,)))
A B
1 one 1
2 one 1
3 two 2
4 three 3
5 two 2
6 three 3

This formula will allow you to sum only corresponding references.
ONE = 2 =SUMIFS(B1:B7,A1:A7,"one")
Two = 4 =SUMIFS(B1:B7,A1:A7,"two")
THREE = 6 =SUMIFS(B1:B7,A1:A7,"three")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 9 mar, 00:12, Shaun wrote:
Try this…
This formula will create logic and will assign a value for the equivalent
word.
=IF(A1="two",2,IF(A1="three",3,IF(A1="one",1,)))
A * * * B
1 * * * one * * 1
2 * * * one * * 1
3 * * * two * * 2
4 * * * three * 3
5 * * * two * * 2
6 * * * three * 3

This formula will allow you to sum only corresponding references.
ONE = 2 * =SUMIFS(B1:B7,A1:A7,"one")
Two = 4 * =SUMIFS(B1:B7,A1:A7,"two")
THREE = 6 * =SUMIFS(B1:B7,A1:A7,"three")

Good evening

You can also try the Excel RANK function

Regards