Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formating Negative Figures in Brackets

Excel 2007
In earlier version of Excel, we could get a specific format for presenting
the negative numbers in brackets and / or in red color. I could not find it
in the Excel 2007. This can be done in the Custom Format. I do not have
specifics for it. Can you give me the format for the same ?
Why did the Excel remove this useful and oft needed feature from their new
version, or am I missing something ?

--
Shrikant

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want the ()'s to show up for negative numbers in the format|cells|number
tab, you'll have to change a windows setting.

Windows start button|control panel
regional and language options
regional options tab
click the customize button
currency tab
change the negative currency format to show ()'s.

Shrikant wrote:

Excel 2007
In earlier version of Excel, we could get a specific format for presenting
the negative numbers in brackets and / or in red color. I could not find it
in the Excel 2007. This can be done in the Custom Format. I do not have
specifics for it. Can you give me the format for the same ?
Why did the Excel remove this useful and oft needed feature from their new
version, or am I missing something ?

--
Shrikant

--