Willem

Default the first in a sequence

Does someone knows how to find the first value after a number of empty cells?
Domenic

Try...

=INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH(TRUE,A1:A100<"",0))

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,

Does someone knows how to find the first value after a number of empty cells?

Jason Morin

Just an alternative:

=INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH("*?*",A1:A100&"",0))

Array-entered (ctrl+shift+enter).

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA