Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to Match

Hi could you tellme i have some data in Sheet1 and sheet2 both sheet have
some same names and numbers how can i find out?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It really depends on how your data is laid out and what you want to compare.

If I'm trying to find out if a single cell's value is in column A of a different
sheet, I'd use a formula in an adjacent cell:

=isnumber(match(a1,sheet2!a:a,0))

It'll return True if it's there, false if it's missing.

If I wanted to check the value of two cells in the same row against two columns
in the other sheet, I'd create a new column on both sheets that joins the
columns together and then use the =isnumber(match()) formula:

I'd insert a new column and use a formula like:
=b1&"--"&c1
and drag down
On both sheets. Then use this for the comparison.

--

Dave Peterson